Looking for residential brick and block layers in Auckland? Talk to West Auckland Brick and Block first.
- Full house brick and block work
- Durable and strong concrete block retaining walls
- Building with brick and block is energy efficient and cost-effective
Throughout Auckland and Northland
Experienced bricklayers and blocklayers for home building projects
As a well known brick and block company in Auckland, our talented bricklayers and blocklayers have worked on many residential sites for homeowners. You can get in touch with West Auckland Brick and Block about any of the following services:
- Residential brick and block work
- Custom interior and exterior brickwork
- Custom interior and exterior blockwork
As well as residential work, our team also undertake commercial work and bespoke projects which includes brick fireplaces, concrete block fences and brick chimney reconstruction. To discuss your project, please contact us today, to arrange an onsite visit. We look forward to hearing from you.
For an example of how West Auckland Brick and Block Ltd can enhance the appearance of your home visit www.firth.co.nz/news to see our work featured in a stunning new Pt Chevalier house.
Are you building a house? Our residential blocklayers explain the benefits of choosing concrete block
- Cost-effective – When you build with concrete block you save money in multiple areas. As a building material, concrete blocks are affordable. When you start your build, the labour and material costs of framing and insulation are greatly reduced, and sometimes unnecessary. After your residential build is complete, you continue to save money as concrete block is a low-maintenance material that doesn’t require expensive upkeep.
- Strong and durable – Strength and longevity are both important factors when building a home. Concrete block is a winning material that works now and in the future.
- Innovative designs – Although concrete block never used to be considered as a designer’s first material of choice, today that is quickly changing. The simplicity of concrete blocks makes it ideal for use in innovative and aesthetically pleasing designs. Talk to our talented team about your plans and we’ll bring them to fruition.
- Flame resistant – The thickness of concrete block together with the internal flame resistant properties ensure concrete blocks are flame resistant for the life of the building. This fact is recognised by the NZ Fire Service and insurance companies throughout New Zealand.
- Energy efficient – Concrete blocks offer high performance in terms of being able to store and retain heat. This means your house can more easily maintain a comfortable temperature throughout the year. Your home will be warmer in the colder months, and cooler in the warmer months.
- Less noise – Due to their thickness and density, concrete blocks provide an effective sound barrier. If you live in a busy, high traffic area, or have children you will want to reduce noise. For an effective, and affordable, sound-proofing solution, concrete blocks are a smart choice.
West Auckland Brick and Block answers your FAQs about brick masonry
Why do your residential customers typically choose brick masonry when building their homes?
Many homeowners in Auckland tell us they prefer brick masonry because it it aesthetically pleasing and low maintenance. You can paint brick work if you choose, however this isn’t necessary. The majority of our clients prefer to expose the natural good looks of bricks.
What kind of bricks do you use?
At West Auckland Brick and Block, raw materials are crucial to us. We only use high quality bricks, that are well burnt, and offer precise size and shape. Depending on your aesthetic requirements, we only use bricks of uniform colour.
What is the cost difference between transporting bricks versus stone?
Bricks cost less to transport compared to stone. Around Auckland and Northland bricks are easily accessible, and weigh less than stone. On the other hand stone is available only from quarries and, because they are much heavier than bricks, is more expensive to transport.
Do you have any photos I can view of your brick masonry work?
Our team has worked on exciting projects throughout Auckland and Northland. Click here to view detailed gallery photos of our brick and block work.
Whether you are based in West Auckland, East Auckland, South Auckland, the North Shore or Northland, our team can assist. Whatever scope your project entails, you will enjoy working with some of the best brick and block layers in Auckland. To enquire about concrete block wall costs, or to arrange a free quote, please contact us today.
Get in Touch...
Please fill in the form and we will be in contact as soon as possible.